May 15, 2018
EMERGENCY TWEET-STORM FOR GAZA:
Time: 8pm-9pm tonight, London time (3pm-4pm New York time).
Spread the word!
Some example tweets:
1. Israel’s blockade of Gaza must be lifted “immediately and unconditionally” (UN Report by New York State judge Mary McGowan Davis). #ICCIndictIsraelNow!
2. “I’ve never seen such massive destruction ever before” (Peter Maurer, head of the International Committee of the Red Cross, after Operation Protective Edge, 2014). #ICCIndictIsraelNow!
3. The “un-livability threshold has been passed in Gaza quite a long time ago” (Robert Piper, UN Humanitarian Coordinator for the West Bank and Gaza). #ICCIndictIsraelNow!
4. “Innocent human beings in Gaza, most of them young, are slowly being poisoned by the water they drink” (Sara Roy, Harvard Center for Middle Eastern Studies). #ICCIndictIsraelNow!
5. “When a place becomes unlivable, people move . . . . Yet this last resort is denied to the people of Gaza” (United Nations Relief and Works Agency-UNRWA). #ICCIndictIsraelNow!
6. “Gaza is an open-air prison” (Former UK prime minister David Cameron). #ICCIndictIsraelNow!
7. “Israel is carrying out a murderous assault against protesting Palestinians, with its armed forces killing and maiming demonstrators who pose no imminent threat to them” (Amnesty International). #ICCIndictIsraelNow!
8. “Stop this vicious and utterly avoidable slaughter of peaceful protesters” (Emily Thornberry, UK Shadow Foreign Secretary). #ICCIndictIsraelNow!
9. “Soldiers – including snipers – fired for hours on end at protestors” (Israeli human rights organisation B’Tselem) #ICCIndictIsraelNow!
10. “There are no innocents in Gaza” (Israeli Defence Minister Avigdor Lieberman) #ICCIndictIsraelNow!
11. “The closure constitutes a collective punishment imposed in clear violation of Israel’s obligations under international humanitarian law” (International Committee of the Red Cross) #ICCIndictIsraelNow!
12. “Stop shooting at children” (Nikolai E. Mladenov, UN Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process) #ICCIndictIsraelNow!
13. “Calls for an immediate and unconditional end to the blockade and closure of the Gaza Strip, which has resulted in a deteriorating, unprecedented humanitarian crisis” (European Parliament) #ICCIndictIsraelNow!
14. “There is no justification for the closure of Gaza. . . . The Israeli government must immediately end its blockade of Gaza . . . . this Palestinian ghetto must be opened (Ha’aretz editorial). #ICCIndictIsraelNow!
15. “Israel Defense Forces are acting very very well” (Israeli Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked, after May 14 massacre). #ICCIndictIsraelNow!
16. “Most of the wounded will be condemned to suffer lifelong injuries . . . What happened today is unacceptable and inhuman” (Doctors Without Borders) #ICCIndictIsraelNow!
17. “The time for symbolic statements of condemnation is now over. The international community must act concretely” (Amnesty International) #ICCIndictIsraelNow!
18. Israel’s announced internal inquiry “means nothing, save for pure propaganda purposes” (Israeli human rights organisation B’Tselem) #ICCIndictIsraelNow!