January 26, 2009
TALKING POINTS for ISRAEL on the GAZA Situation
12.29.2008 | StandWithUsCampus.com
Dear Friends of Israel,
Please use these talking points to enhance your conversations about Israel and the current situation in Gaza / Southern Israel… Israel needs your help now! Please don’t just watch the news, be a part of teaching others about what is going on.
These are very important facts to share with elected officials, journalists, your professors, your peers, and bloggers. There is far too much ignorance out there regarding what led up to this operation. You can make a difference….
Please use these points on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and wherever you are having conversations about the current situation facing Israel.
1. ISRAEL WANTS PEACE!
2. The IDF targets terrorist outposts and always attempts to limit civilian casualties.
3. The definition of TERRORISM is the deliberate targeting of civilians, which HAMAS does daily to Israel.
4. Israel is, and always has been, sending food and humanitarian aid into Gaza through the Karni and Keren crossings.
5. HAMAS is arbitrarily firing rockets into Israeli civilian areas including nursery schools, hospitals, and shopping malls.
6. Israel left Gaza for peace in August of 2005 and has been attacked from Gaza with thousands of rockets ever since.
7. Israeli citizens live with post-traumatic stress syndrome as a result of daily rocket attacks.
8. Israelis only have 15 seconds to run into bomb shelters once a rocket is fired by Hamas.
9. HAMAS’ incitement and ammunition build-up has reached dangerous levels and during the last week alone we have seen HUNDREDS of rockets fired into Israel.
10. Hamas openly admits to using civilians as human shields.
11. How would the US react to a missile attack on its citizens coming from Canada or Mexico?
12. Israel, as any viable democracy, must defend its citizens.
13. While Gaza suffers under Hamas’ rule, the West Bank has witnessed an upsurge in economic activity.
14. ISRAEL WANTS PEACE!
QUOTES / ARTICLES
1. “I say Hamas is the cause of all wars.” – A Palestinian girl whose family members was killed in Gaza [12/28/08] (http://pmw.org.il/Bulletins_Dec2008.htm#b2912083)
2. “We desire death as you desire life.” – Fathi Hamad, Member, Palestinian Legislative Council, Hamas [2/29/08] (http://standwithus.org/app/iNews/view_n.asp?ID=728)
3. Palestinian President Abbas blames Hamas for bringing Israel’s wrath – [12/28/08] (http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/LS264262.htm)